Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Easter Lilies

>> Friday, March 16, 2018

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

 Happy Friday!
I hope your week has gone well! I know a lot of us are still stuck in a quasi winter mode, but Easter is on its way! In fact, it's early this year. We saw 2 bunnies running across our front yard today & not sure, but one of them just may be the Easter bunny, lol. 

For my Easter card, I first die cut & embossed the sunburst bg. For the Lily Cross Blessings circle, I stamped it w/ Versacolor indigo pigment ink then heat embossed it w/ pastel embossing powder. The embossing powder lightens the ink color & gives it a slight metallic sheen. For the lilies,  I put the image into my Misti, stamped it w/ sky blue ink, lightly colored w/ Copics, over stamped w/ the same indigo ink & embossed w/ the same powder. Then I did quite a bit of fussy cutting on them. 
After arranging everything, I added a few sequins & a silver circle behind the greeting.
Here's a look at the inside & below it are the Copics I used.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
paper: Staples 110# white
ink: Memento summer sky (tuxedo black used on inside), Versacolor indigo pigment 
accessories: Misti, pastel embossing powder (Judikins), ODBD sunrburst bg,  stitched  circles dies, sequins


6 comments:

Donna W said...

Very pretty Easter card!

Sue said...

Oh My Goodness! What an incredible card Julie! Absolutely stunning! Love the background - so eye catching, but your Easter Lilies steal the show! Took me a minute to notice the "out of the circle" technique with the new Easter Blessing stamp, but it's awesome - as well as the lilies you borrowed from the cross! Love that you stamped most of it in blue, I could never be so bold ;)

Shelia said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous!! Love how you stamped & fussy cut those lilies from the cross image to go with the new greeting.

Robin Clendenning said...

Beautiful card!! I love the embossing and those flowers are so gorgeous!!

nwilliams6 said...

BEAUTIFUL! Wow! This is so fabulous, Julie. You totally captured the beauty of Easter. Love everything about this card! Hugz

Karin said...

Never has white been more stunning! Your lilies are gorgeous on that magnificent backdrop! Simply outstanding card share :)

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP